A delicious plant-based brunch recipe for the weekend.
There's nothing quite like the smell of pancakes on a Sunday morning, and this super easy vegan recipe will do just the trick. Made with a blend of oats and buckwheat, these pancakes are also naturally gluten free and contain no refined sugar.
We like to top ours with fresh fruit and pure maple syrup but feel free to experiment with what you have in the kitchen. Try finishing with some cacao nibs or sliced almonds to add a little crunch.
[Makes one stack of 5 small pancakes]
2 heaped tbsp oats (approx 30g)
2 heaped tbsp buckwheat flour (approx 30g)
1/2 tsp baking powder
8 tbsp plant milk (approx 85g)
1 handful blueberries
Coconut oil for greasing
1. Whiz up the oats in a blender to form a flour. Whisk together with the buckwheat flour and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl, mash half a banana and then add to the flour.
4. Slowly whisk in the milk to form a batter and then leave to rest for 10-15 minutes.
5. Lightly grease a pan with coconut oil and heat to a medium-low temperature.
6. Once heated, add two teaspoons of the pancake batter. Cook until one side is golden and then flip. Repeat with the remaining batter.
7. Top with the remaining banana, blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.