A quick and easy vegan recipe to start your morning.
Oats are a hugely versatile and wholesome breakfast option. Full of fibre and rich in a variety of nutrients, a hearty bowl of oatmeal is a great way to fuel up in the a.m. ahead of a busy day.
Here's a quick recipe for one of our favourite oatmeal combinations.
1/2 cup oats
1 cup water
1 tsp flaxseeds
1/2 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp almond butter
1 sliced banana
1 handful blueberries
Optional: splash of plant milk, drizzle of pure maple syrup
1. Toast the oats in a dry saucepan on a low heat, stirring continuously. They should turn a little golden brown and release a popcorn-like aroma.
2. Add the water, bring to the boil and then simmer on a low heat.
3. Add the flaxseeds and continue stirring.
4. Once the oats have absorbed the water and thickened in texture, take off the heat and transfer to your bowl.
5. Top with the fruit, almond butter and chia seeds.
Optional; finish with a splash of plant milk or a drizzle of maple syrup for extra indulgence.