A super delicious and nutrient-packed plant-based meal.
Roasted sweet potatoes have to be up there with one of our all-time favourite foods. They are brimming with nutrients, antioxidants and fibre, making for an incredibly wholesome and nourishing dinner option (or perhaps even lunch prep for the next day).
This plant-powered recipe packs an extra protein punch with quinoa, chickpeas and a rainbow of veggies. Feel free to switch out the veggies with whatever you have in the fridge and get experimenting with different beans too.
You might want to bookmark this recipe, we have a feeling you'll be back!
2 medium-large sweet potatoes
200g canned chickpeas
75g baby spinach
1 handful plum tomatoes
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
Seasoning (salt, pepper, smoked paprika, mixed herbs, garlic powder, chilli flakes)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Scrub the sweet potatoes clean under running water and pat dry. Poke holes with a fork and place on a tray to roast for 45-60 minutes. The skin will appear caramelised when they're done.
3. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and cook according to packet instructions.
4. In a separate pan sauté sliced mushrooms, chickpeas, spinach and tomatoes. Season well with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and mixed herbs.
5. Add quinoa to the vegetables, stirring through with the juice of half a lemon.
6. Remove potatoes from the oven and slice through the centre. Spoon the quinoa mix into the centre, topping with a drizzle of tahini, sunflower seeds and chilli flakes. Finish with a slice of lemon.