Looking for a quick and easy breakfast option to prep for the week head? Look no further than these plant-based bars, crammed full of nuts, seeds and oat-y goodness. As usual here on The AM Edit, these bites are sweetened naturally using banana, dates and a hint of maple syrup.
This recipe is adapted from Amelia Freer. Try finishing with a drizzle of tahini or dark chocolate for an extra treat.
2 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp maple syrup
30g mixed seeds
35g ground flaxseeds
60g chopped almonds
Approx 150ml water
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Soak chia seeds and dates in hot water (around 100ml) for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the mixture to a blender with the banana, tahini and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
4. In a bowl, combine with all remaining ingredients. Add a little water if necessary.
5. Press into a greased baking tray and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Cut into squares while still warm and then allow to cool.